It looks like 10 former members of the Philadelphia Eagles may be looking for a new team soon. Would you bring back Terrell Owens or Brian Westbrook?
It’s unlikely the Eagles would sign any of their former players, but they just signed the first player on our list below to a five-year contract.
Plus, guys like Jeremiah Trotter, Hugh Douglas, Shawn Barber and Hank Baskett got second shots with the Eagles.
1. Jason Babin. He had a cup of coffee with the Eagles two years ago and became an All-Pro in Tennessee. It’s not official until Friday, but it looks like Babin will return to Philadelpha again.
2. Hank Baskett. Hank needs a team and we’ve lost track of how many times he’s been an Eagle. (We do know Kendra threw out all her Eagles’ gear). But you never know if the Eagles will need a receiver if they get hit by the injury bug.
3. Brian Westbrook. Westbrook proved he could play as a spot starter last year with the 49ers. The Eagles have Dion Lewis, Noel Divine and Derrick Locke as rookie third-down backs. But if Jerome Harrison walks, who knows?
4. Brian Dawkins. He will likely take a pay cut to stay in Denver, but the Broncos owe him $6 million. A long shot.
5. Terrell Owens. With DeSean Jackson in a Drew Rosenhaus related hold out, there’s no way TO would return. But nobody though he was right about McNabb, too.
6. Brad Childress. Chilly was let go by the Vikings last year as head coach. Could the Eagles use another offensive adviser?
7. Correll Buckhalter. Another likely cap casualty in Denver, he could be an option as a power back.
8. Shawn Andrews. Andrews expects to get cut by the New York Giants. Big question is would he fit in with Howard Mudd, the new o-line guru.
9. Jeff Garcia. Garcia, 41, is still technically an active player in the NFL.
10. Stephen Spach. Spach has been in Arizona as a reserve and role playing tight end. Could be an option if the Eagles need depth after injuries.
Have we missed an Eagle? Comment below to add your opinions.