By Jean Hayes, Times Staff Writer In Print: Saturday, July 23, 2011
LEADERSHIP PASCO CLASS OF 2011: Leadership Pasco recently held a graduation ceremony for the class of 2011. Program participants meet once a month and complete a class project. This year’s project was a police dog kennel constructed for the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office. Class members include: Sarah Barkley, Thomas Celotto, Janice Cessna, Alicia Coppley, James Downey, Gail Fawcett, Rosalyn Fenton, Heather Grimes, Julie Johnson, Peggy Jones, Lisa Kiddon, Connie Lucco, Sean Malott, George “Skip” Miller, Amanda Murphy, Sarah Naumowich, Terry Phayre, John Pinney, Derek Pontiltz, Wayne Reittinger, Scott Rhodes, Rebecca Russell-Gootee, Frank Rygiel, Annette Saxon, Mary Scicchitano, Michael Sherman, Dean VanBuren, Frances Werner-Watkins and Steven Wood. For information on Leadership Pasco, call toll-free at (866) 783-1122 or visit leadershippasco.com. [Courtesy of TINA SHELTON] Social Bookmarking ADVERTISEMENT ADVERTISEMENT
Prudential Commercial Real Estate announces that Mattress One is leasing a 6,000 square foot location at 9226 U.S. 19, Port Richey, according to Renee Dyer and Ari Ravi, who handled the transaction for the firm. The owner of the property is Sun Auto Center.
• • •
John Heagney Public Relations recently announced the launch of its new website, Johnhpr.com, which provides a comprehensive overview of the 30-year-old publicity firm.
John Heagney, company founder and president, said the website provides information and videos about services, including media relations, sales promotions, special events, crisis management, video production, online and print production, and more.
For information, call (727) 942-2718.
• • •
The Community Service Council of West Pasco is again assisting Operation Shoebox with a committee headed up by council member Linda Clements.
From now until Sept. 8, the council will accept donations of personal items, snacks and games to send in care packages to U.S. troops stationed overseas. The group will also accept checks for $10.70 to cover postage for each box sent.
Items can be dropped off at these locations:
• Raymond James & Associates offices in Hudson, Port Richey, New Port Richey, Holiday and Tampa.
• The Dade City utility office.
• The Bayshore Health & Homemaker in Holiday.
• Beltone Hearing Center in Trinity.
• Hudson locations include Atria Baypoint Village, Jennifer Gardens assisted living facility, Pasco Kids First, Republic Bank and Windsor Woods.
• New Port Richey locations include Ken Sisco Painting, La Casa Grande, Minuteman Press of New Port Richey, Pasco County Utilities, Republic Bank and Oak View Terrace.
• Port Richey locations include Prudential Realty and Operation Shoebox.
For information on the Community Service Council, call president Sero Singh at (727) 863-7866.
Members of the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce have elected six individuals to serve on the chamber board, including Rebecca Gaddis, vice president and area branch manager for Community Bank in Zephyrhills; Matt Hulbert, president of Matt Hulbert Realty; RJ Keetch, assistant city planner for Zephyrhills; Tim Linville, owner of E-Z Clean Car Wash; Pat Pennington, retail account manager for the Tampa Tribune, and Steve Van Gorden, principal at Zephyrhills High School.
Retiring after six years serving on the board, are Greg First of First RV and Refrigeration, and Bob Winters of Winters Mobile Home Park.
For information, call (813) 782-1913.
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its July Chamber Breakfast at 7 a.m. Thursday at Golden Corral, 6855 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. This month’s sponsor is BloodNet USA.
Susan Ramos, community relations representative for BloodNet USA, will be the guest speaker.
The cost is $7 per person. For information, call the chamber at (813) 782-1913.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its July Chamber Breakfast from 7:30 to 9 a.m. Friday at the IHOP restaurant, 12426 U.S. 19, Hudson. This month’s sponsor is Career Central. Rob Aguis, district director of career education in Pasco County, and John Hagen, president and CEO of the Pasco Economic Development Council, will give a presentation on the status of career academies in Pasco County, how business and community members can get involved, and how career academies tie into the PEDC’s strategic plan and economic development.
The cost is $10 for the breakfast buffet. To RSVP, call (727) 842-7651 by Thursday.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Panera Bread, 3234 Little Road in the Mitchell Ranch Plaza, Trinity. Meets every Monday. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• Hudson Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber’s business card and brochure exchange from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the IHOP restaurant, 12426 U.S. 19, Hudson. The event is sponsored by Pontlitz Asset Advisors. The cost is $10 per person. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Monday.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is a pool of professionals who work together to promote each others’ businesses. The group meets every Tuesday. For information, visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost, including breakfast, is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Trinity Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber’s business card and brochure exchange from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Fox Hollow Golf & Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Sponsored by ABCO Graphics & Printing. Cost is $11. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Tuesday.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Individuals pay for their own lunch. Call group director Martine Duncan, co-owner of the Theater Doctor, at (813) 929-6816.
• Neighborhood Networks: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Trio’s Restaurant at Quality Inn & Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The group meets every Wednesday. Call Maryann Wilkes at (813) 264-6108 or visit ourneighborhoodnetworks.com.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 (includes breakfast). The group meets every Thursday. For information or to RSVP, call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connections: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Capt. Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Wesley Chapel NPI Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at Saddlebrook Resort, 5700 Saddlebrook Way, Wesley Chapel. The group meets for breakfast every Thursday. For information, call Jeff Miller, president, at (813) 994-6795.
• Whiskey River Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber’s business card and brochure exchange from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Whiskey River Sports Grill, 5245 Limestone Drive, Port Richey. Sponsored by A+ Tax and Accounting Services. Cost is $10. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.
• Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at American Consulting Engineers, 2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200, Wesley Chapel. The group meets on the fourth Thursday of each month. For information, call chamber chairman Jeff Miller at (813) 994-6795.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also e-mail items to or fax them to (727) 869-6233. Photos are published as space permits.
[Last modified: Jul 22, 2011 05:10 PM] Click here for reuse options! Copyright 2011 St. Petersburg Times Click here to post a comment
Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours